Monday, February 11, 2013

Reunion Dinner 2013

Usually, I have no part in preparation for CNY at home. My parents do everything! Mom usually spends weeks baking and Dad is usually responsible for sprucing up the house. This year, however, Mom and Dad had only a week to prepare for the celebration as they had only arrived from KL a week ago!

Mom would usually prepare an elaborate reunion dinner for us. But because of time constraint, we only had a simple meal at home. Despite that, Mom still cooked many dishes! She cooked for us a fish soup, a Pacific clam salad, a chicken curry, a vegetable platter, butter prawns, and also a steamed prawn dish.

Steamed Prawns

There were only so few of us at home .... and the amount of food stuffed us silly! Thanks of course, to Second Aunt who helped Mom source some of the ingredients for cooking. She had gone all the way to Pending to buy the fresh big prawns!

I had not thought about it ... but I should have just gone ahead and booked a dinner somewhere so that Mom did not have to slave away in the kitchen to prepare dinner. Next year. Next year, we would have a reunion lunch instead of a reunion dinner .... and persuade my parents to eat out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...