Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Plaza Merdeka

Fourth Aunt and I went shopping at Plaza Merdeka the other day .... it was my first time there. And yes, I was quite impressed with some of the labels sold there ... such as Dorothy Perkins, Esprit, Cotton On, Clarks, Scholl. So Fourth Aunt and I spent 6 hours there .... shopping and browsing in the shops. I tried on some clothes and shoes, but did not buy any. Fourth Aunt bought a set of pots and a steamer at Parkson.

There was a food court upstairs, but I was not so impressed with the set up .... I checked out the stalls there and was not impressed with the variety of food sold as well. So I ended up patronising the Arab Rice stall. One could choose the types of meat to eat with the rice, such as chicken curry, chicken kurma and so on. I decided to have lamb yoghurt with my rice.

 Arab Rice with Lamb Yoghurt and salad, RM11.80

I must say that I liked the curried lamb in yoghurt .... the portion was generous, the meat had absorbed the flavour of the curry, and very tender. The rice tasted mildly of spices, but I did not really like the salad. Overall, quite interesting ... not really to-die-for .... but the lamb was quite yum. 

After Aunt and I walked for a while .... I decided to try My Pretzel ... 

 Parmesan Cheese Pretzel, RM3.00
Hmn ... I think it could improve in the look, the texture, and the taste. 

Compare to Auntie Anne's Parmesan Cheese Specialty Pretzel .... 

I also decided to try Ding Tea ...

Hokkaido Milk Tea with Pearls ... RM6.90
This was a signature product here ... quite rich, but too sweet for me ... the pearls chewy but not as tasty. But since I was thirsty, I finished that whole glass. Sinful!!!  

At the end of the day, we paid RM7.00 for parking. Aunt got a shock! Lols .... cause in Kuching, that amount is considered VERY expensive. She ranted on and on about it ... and she wanted to tell all her friends about it. Lol. But all that said, I knew she had enjoyed herself that day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...