Sunday, February 24, 2013

Pretty Jellies

It's post CNY, a time whereby households get rid of all the CNY goodies that they can't finish. And Second Aunt did just that! She gave away 2 Tupperware-fuls of longan jelly. And to whom did she give? Ahem .... I felt truly honoured to be receiving this yummy dessert.

So pretty .... 

Second Aunt's jellies devoid of food colouring. So they are pale and transparent looking little edible flowers. I thought they looked so pretty, though. Fine strips of longan can be seen in each jelly. The jellies were very Q and springy .... and I just loved to chew on them. They were not sweet at all, and had the taste and fragrance of the longan fruit. I loved eating them .... especially after meal! Thanks, Auntie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...