Saturday, February 23, 2013

Sometimes ... At Starbucks

Sometimes, when we spend a long time at the mall, and we need to sit down and drink. Sometimes, my friends and I go to Starbucks when we need a pit stop. Sometimes, especially when we need to kill time at the airport, my family and I will drop by Starbucks. Sometimes, when I just want some "me" time, I will get a drink at Starbucks and spend some quiet time on my own.

Sometimes, there is promotion at Starbucks.

Like the other day, buy a Hojicha Latte, and get another free! It was a CNY and Valentine's Day promo which was available only from 10 -15 February. I was ecstatic, of course! Drinks are Starbucks are costly by my standards. So when they were giving out another glass for free, why not??

Hojicha Latte, RM14.00
I believe this was a limited edition, for it was not always on the menu. I don't believe to have tried it before. So I ordered a grande sized glass, one hot and the other cold .... This is a roasted Japanese green tea with steamed milk, and the taste of the tea was rather robust. It was quite a pleasant drink  I liked it.

Sometimes, we will order some food to go with our drinks ....

Classic Carrot Cake, RM9.90
My friend did not like it .... but I thought it tasted alright ....  it was reasonably moist, and had a unique flavour which took some time to get used to, and the cream was a little lemony and tart. The more I ate the nicer it got ;p

Sugar Doughnut, RM3.80 
My friend preferred the doughnut which was soft and fluffy and not too sweet ...

I do not frequent Starbucks all the time though I do enjoy the drinks .... so sometimes .... sometimes ... when friends invite ... when craving beckons ... I really do not mind visiting the joint for a drink or two! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...