Monday, February 18, 2013

Meat Roll

Mom says all Chinese families make meat rolls during festive seasons. Not sure whether it's true or not. But in my family, meat rolls are eaten every Chinese New Year. My favourite meat rolls were made by my Grandma ... but it's been years since she had last made them.

I did not like Mom's meat rolls .... till I stopped her from putting onions in them. Cause onions overpowered the taste of all the other ingredients. But Mom wasn't going to listen to me much. She still put them onions ... but she reduced the amount. So what went into Mom's meat rolls besides those hateful onions were  minced pork, fish paste, diced water chestnuts, deep-fried garlic and shallots, and seasoning.

Mom's meat roll 

When I got to try Mom's meat rolls the other day, I was happy that they tasted good! So I ate a considerable amount of meat roll this year ... compared to previous years.

1 comment:

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...