Friday, October 11, 2013

Chicken & Black Fungus In Shaoxing Wine

And so I adapted this recipe I saw on this site called Cooking Pleasure.

I marinated the chicken breast meat in Shaoxing wine, dark soy sauce, and sesame oil. Hmn .... don't ask me the measurement ... I probably poured about a tablespoon of each .... :P Anyway, I left the chicken to marinade overnight.

Then, I soaked the black fungus and waited till they softened. My friend helped me to buy some very good quality fungus. They did not need much time to soften in water, and when cooked, these were crunchy yet soft to the palate. Very pleasant to eat.

With all my ingredients ready, I was ready to cook. In my pot, I sauteed some shredded ginger and spring onions in sesame oil. When they got fragrant, I dumped in all the meat and the black fungus, and stir-fried for a while. In went half a cup of Shaoxing wine, a tablespoon of dark soy, a tablespoon of light soy, half a tablespoon of sugar. I stewed the whole thing for about 20 minutes ....

Yums ... 

And then it was ready .... I just loved the taste of the combination of the sauces and the wine really made everything more fragrant. All I needed was my bowl of white rice, and I was good for dinner. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...