Sunday, October 13, 2013

Lunch @ The Summit Cafe, Miri

I brought my friend there for lunch. The Summit Cafe is well-known for its Kelabit dishes. I just love the food here. Since my friend had not been here before, I thought I'll just let her have a sample of the delicious food of the highlands.

There were a lot of dishes to pick from .... and I chose all the signature items.


From the top, clockwise : Daun Ubi, Labo Senutuk which is pounded pork, and Luang Senai or pounded fish. All were really delicious with the fragrant rice. I could really taste the natural sweetness of the ingredients, which were lightly flavoured with salt and other spices. Highly recommended.

 Nasi Lemak 
The nasi lemak here is also very delicious. Some say that it's the best nasi lemak in Miri, and I do agree! The rice was fragrant and rich with the flavour of coconut milk, the sambal was spicy and tantalising, and the beef rendang was tender, and very shiok!! Goodness, I can't wait to go back for more!

This cafe was also featured in the Lonely Planet Guidebook. And no wonder! For 2 plates of rice and 2 drinks, we paid RM15.50. Good food at a reasonable price. A great place to have lunch!

5 comments:

  1. The food looks so mouth watering. I can't wait to dine at this restaurant. Where is it located? Is it in centre-point or waterfront? Please give me the exact location.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite placd for lunch, almost every working days will go there. Like to try the different & "unusual" food available there.
    Just behind my work place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spent nearly forty minutes searching for this restaurant. When I found it, I ordered five dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for late reply; did not have internet access for the past few days.

    Glad you found the restaurant ... it's at centrepoint, the block behind Great Eastern; second shop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Come and try Padang Cuisine in Padangmas, Permyjaya!

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...