Saturday, October 12, 2013

Dinner @ Xing Wang

We drove around at about 7.30 p.m., not knowing where to go for dinner and now knowing what to eat.

"Silver spoon, lah!" my friend decided.

So we parked and went inside the restaurant. Quite many people there on a Friday night. We sat and were handed 2 menus .... which we browsed.

I looked at her .... and she looked at me .... and we decided to go somewhere else. We walked out and crossed the road to go to Xing Wang, a coffee shop opposite.

Stir-fried Midin or Fiddlehead ferns with red rice wine

Sea cucumber soup

Salted egg pork chop

All the dishes were yum ... I especially liked the crunchy vegetables and the large dices of sea cucumber in the soup. My friend, on the other hand, sang praises for the pork chop. She claimed that it was the first time eating it like that, and she thoroughly enjoyed it. But best of all, we only paid RM30.00 for the meal. We thought the price was so reasonable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...