Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Day 11 : CHC - KUL

I woke up with a throbbing pain on my knee. Ouch. A check revealed large patches of bruises, purple and blue. No wonder it was so painful.

8 days on and still oh so colourful ...

Thank goodness that was the day to go home! We had to return our car at 12.00 p.m. And our flight D7 2767 was to take off at 3.15 p.m.

That morning, we set our wake up alarm at 7.00 a.m., and finished up everything we had for breakfast. We had ...

Baked beans

Eggs
Loading and unloading our groceries at each hostel meant that some of the things would be misplaced. Throughout our journey, we had misplaced half a packet of uncooked rice, half a bottle of milk, and we thought we misplaced the eggs too. But funnily, the eggs revealed themselves on our last day ... LOL

Pam's gourmet cookies

Chocolate Almond Cookies

All unfinished food would be placed in the "Free Food" basket, where it was free for all hostel dwellers. That was the standard practice at all the hostels we stayed in, and I thought that was cool as it meant that the unfinished items - like cooking oil, table salt, sugar, coffee, and sauces - would not go to waste.

The kitchen

The standard kitchen rules in hostels

We had no specific plans that morning. So off we went to the Westfield Riccarton Mall for some last minute shopping. There were a variety of shops there, ranging from discount stores, a supermarket, men and women's fashion, among others.

After the Mall, we returned our car and headed to the airport. We were rather early. The check-in counter was about to be opened. And the airport officials were rather strict. As we queued to check in, they checked that each of us had only 1 hand baggage not exceeding 7 kg. Mine was 5 kg. They also enquired if we had any liquid in our hand baggage as they knew us Malaysians were fond of buying Manuka honey. Indeed we had! So we transferred our honey into our luggage to check-in.

It was a full flight it seemed, and we were told to go to the Departure Hall immediately. We had a light lunch in the Departure Hall.

Steak, Bacon and Mushroom Pie (NZD5.60) and a Latte (NZD 4.00)
I could taste the bacon bits, but otherwise the pie filling was bland

Before long, we boarded our plane. I was seated on 19C, an aisle seat, for which I was glad. But this time, the other 2 seats in my row were occupied. So no extra space for me to stretch.

Two hours after we took off, dinner was served.

Malaysian Fish Curry
The rice was tasteless on its own, but the fish was lightly flavoured with curry and quite delicious

The thing about an afternoon flight was that people were just restless. They got up and about, and there was a neverending end to the use of the toilets. Because there was nothing to do, people kept ordering food and drinks to eat too! The flight attendants were kept busy dishing out cups and cups of instant noodles, drinks and snacks. Lol.

I was rather restless too! I tried very hard to sleep but I just couldn't. Hence, it was a terribly boring flight for me.

2 hours before landing at 8.00 p.m. Malaysian time, we were served dinner. And dinner was Nasi Lemak. Hmn. This Nasi Lemak did not taste like the Nasi Lemak that I usually have on the plane. It was not spicy at all as the sambal had a strong tomato flavour. I suspected that it was either cooked in NZ or it is cooked to tailor to the taste buds of the NZers. I did not like the Nasi Lemak at all.

We were all glad when we landed at LCCT. I got myself disembarked rather quickly, but had to wait for ages for my luggage. Then my friends and I jumped into a taxi which took us home. I spent that night at my friend's place in Puchong.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, I'm humbled. It's a way for me to remember the trip which I had very much enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...