Monday, June 27, 2011

Jin Xuan Hong Kong Dim Sum @ Kuchai Lama

The three of us went for a Dim Sum breakfast at Jin Xuan Hong Kong Dim Sum at Kuchai Lama that morning.

We were quite early so there weren't many customers yet. Otherwise we would have to queue up for a table.

It was my second visit to this Dim Sum outlet. They offered a large variety of dumplings on the menu. Guess that's why I did not mind going back there.

We had some steamed dumplings ...

Prawn dumplings in crystal pastry

Siew Mai

Char Siu Bao
The bao was quite yum. The char siu filling was sweet and gooey.

And some deep-fried dumplings ...

Deep-fried prawns in beancurd skin
This is bro's perennial favourite. The beancurd skin was crispy while the prawns were succulent.

Prawns in pastry
I did not think the prawns and pastry complemented each other. The pastry was rather hard too.

Savoury deep-fried rice cake
I liked this dumpling. The filling of minced pork was savoury, and I liked the taste of the deep-fried rice ball

Not forgetting the must-haves ...

Steamed ribs in black bean
I liked the steamed ribs which were rather tasty

Phoenix claws
The phoenix claws here were on the savoury side, but I think I preferred them to be slightly sweeter

Lotus leaf rice
I liked the salted egg yolk in the lotus leaf rice as it gave it a rich flavour

Lor Mai Kai
I suppose the Lor Mai Kai would taste alright on its own. But if compared to the Steamed Lotus Leaf rice, I think the Lotus Leaf rice was more fragrant and tastier.

The price here is standard. The Dim Sum is categorised into large, medium and small. A large Dim Sum (大点) was RM4.50, A medium Dim Sum (中点) was RM4.00, and a small Dim Sum (小点) was RM3.60. When we asked for the bill, someone would come to the table to calculate the plates and steamers. The boy worked quickly and after he finished, he would then issue a bill and place a Thank You card on the table.


Err, I just wondered why he couldn't just say thank you in person. Wouldn't that be more sincere? Lol. Anyway, all those Dim Sum plus Chinese tea for 3 persons and 5% tax came to RM47.85.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...