Saturday, June 11, 2011

Re-visiting New Zealand

New Zealand. It was where I spent 2 years of my student life studying for my degree. Back then, being a student, my finances were limited, and hence I did not really take the opportunity to travel around the island. Sure, I had been to a few places, but it had been many years ago, and those memories have faded into the distant corners of my mind. So when my friend asked if I would like to re-visit the South Island, I jumped at the chance. After 14 years, it was surely time to pay New Zealand another visit.

We bought our air tickets at the end of 2o1o, but had almost cancelled our trip when Christchurch was struck by an earthquake on 22 February this year. After weighing our options, we decided to go ahead with the trip. And I was sure glad we did cause we had a great time!! The scenery was really amazing and we sure "wow-ed" non-stop the entire journey.

We travelled by the budget airline, and stayed in backpacker hostels, rented a car to drive ourselves around, and cooked our own meals. Still, it was not cheap due to the strong Kiwi currency as compared to our Malaysian Ringgit.

New Zealand is like a big postcard ...

Despite all that, however, it was a really enjoyable trip and well-deserved holiday for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...