Thursday, June 23, 2011

My Favourite Cookie

I love Cookie Time. Each cookie is about 10 cm in diametre, with the average weight of 95g. It is soft and chewy, and has this melt in your mouth quality. The Original cookie has got chocolate chunks in it. The chocolate chunks added texture to the cookie, and are just heavenly.

The Original Chocolate Chunk Cookie

You can have your cookie straight from the package, or you can pop it into the microwave for about 10 seconds. When warmed up, the cookie softens to become like cake.

When I was a student, a cookie was NZD 1.00. Now it's NZD 2.50. Actually, I found the price to vary from place to place, from NZD 1.95 at Pak N' Save to NZD2.50 at The Cookie Time outlet at Queenstown.

There were also a lot more flavours now compared to before, like Triple Chocolate, White Chocolate, Apricot Chocolate, and other fanciful flavours that I had never tried before.

The Original Chocolate Chunk on the left, Triple Chocolate on the right

Somehow, I had never felt the need to try the other flavours, because the Original Chocolate Chunk had tasted so very good.

At the Cookie Time outlet at Queenstown, freshly baked cookies were sold. From 6.00 p.m. to 7.00 p.m., we could get 2 cookies for the price of one. How great that was.


A freshly baked cookie

At this outlet, I bought myself a 500g bag of Broken Cookies for NZD 8.00. Well, for consumption purposes, broken cookies were sufficient, as they tasted exactly the same.

Broken Original Chocolate Chunk Cookies

If I did not handle with care, the perfectly rounded cookies would break by the time I brought them back to Malaysia anyway. Lol.

Anyway, Cookie Time was a snack that I had loved and missed. I never seemed to see it anywhere else outside of New Zealand. I don't know when will be the next time I will get to eat my favourite cookie after this. So sad ....

But if you happen to get your hands on the cookie, do give it a try. I'm sure you will fall in love with it in no time. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...