Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Longchamp Le Pliage

I don't even know how to say the name properly. I first heard of it a few years back. But I did not pay any attention to it till end of last year, when it started to become popular in Malaysia and Singapore. My cousin told me that it was so popular in Singapore that almost everyone seemed to be carrying one.

Hence from then on, I coveted a Longchamp folding bag. It is made of vinyl and has leather trimmings. It looks casual, yet elegant. Maybe that is why it's popular.

At first, I wanted a Medium shopping bag, but when I went to the store at The Gardens in April, the colours they had left were black, lagoon, and palm green. I wanted mine in navy. So I did not buy one then.

Immediately after that visit, I started to take a liking to the small bag with short handles. I went to the store at The Gardens again in May, and they had plenty of colours to choose from but there was none in navy, which was the colour I wanted. However, ironically this time they had the Medium shopping bag in navy and black. But I no longer wanted the big bag. Again, I did not manage to buy my bag.

This time, I went to the Longchamp outlet at Isetan KLCC. Again, I asked for the small bag in navy. They too did not have this in stock. It was the most popular colour, you see. Therefore, the salesman tried to talk me into getting a limited edition piece, which was navy and had pretty embroidery on one side - The Tree Of Life. I hesitated because it was so much more expensive compared to the classic bag. Plus, my cousin had that same piece, but in white.

So, I started to seriously consider the other colours available. Black, red, chocolate, curry, lagoon, and palm green were out. I could choose mauve, grey, taupe, beige or graphite. Among those colours, graphite suited me the most. I held it for a long time, and looked hard into the mirror. Hmn. It did suit me. Was it the black top and blue jeans that I was wearing that day that somehow matched the colour of the bag? I could not be certain. The salesman too commented that graphite suited me. Curious, I asked him why he said so. He said he did not know but it was just a feeling. Lol. I guess I exuded GRAPHITE!!

Anyway, after lingering for a long time in the shop and parading around with the different coloured bags, I decided to buy the graphite. Lol.

The paper bag

Folded up

Opened up

So, I have now my first piece of Longchamp Le Pliage small handbag. Finally. Yayy!!

3 comments:

  1. T***, the other day you were asking me the price; I bought the bag at RM430.00.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if buy at Schiphol Airport (Amsterdam) only cost 65Euro medium size with short handle.

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...