Friday, February 3, 2012

3 Generations

We love our iPhones. Each of us has one, but of different generations.

 L to R :
3 Generations -
iPhone 3GS , iPhone 4 , iPhone 4S

L to R :
iPhone 3GS bought in 2009, iPhone 4 in 2010 and iPhone 4S in 2012.

Bro, being an early adapter uses the iPhone 3GS. I use the iPhone 4 and Sil recently bought her iPhone 4S.

Back at home, I often accompany Grandma in the room. Grandma's 89 years old and she'd recount to me, stories from her younger days and asked me questions about my work and my life in Miri.

All the time when I was in the room with her, I'd have my iPhone with me. Sometimes, while chatting with Grandma, I'd surf, play games or just try out the variety of apps available.

One day, while I was tapping on my iPhone, Grandma said to me, "That's like your companion, isn't it?" So on a whim, I decided to entertain her by playing her songs from my iPhone, and also showing her video I stored in there. I then snapped a photo of her without her realising it, and showed it to her on the spot.

Grandma was impressed. She wanted an iPhone too! She said she'd be able to amuse herself with the countless things she could do on the iPhone. "There's a bigger one," I told her, referring to the iPad.

"How much is one?" she asked.

"About RM2,000," I told her the price of my iPhone 4.

"I can easily buy one anytime I like," she supplied. Lol. Grandma's telling me that she's loaded.

Thereafter, Grandma began asking everyone who visited her whether they had the RM2,000 thing which could do this and that. "It's very useful," she told them. Indeed, a lot of my relatives have one too.

During Chinese New Year, many of my cousins whipped out their iPhones to take photographs of Grandma or with Grandma. When they showed the photographs to her, she'd never fail to say how amazed she was with the iPhone. Lol. "When did you take my photo?" She asked of some candid shots. "Why didn't you tell me first?" She reprimanded. "You people like to take my photo. Don't take my photo," She said. Heh. But we took anyway.

Come to think of it, just like the 3 generations of the iPhone, Grandma and us are 3 generations apart. But still, she could appreciate a cool gadget such as a smart phone. Erm, what did they say about generation gap again??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...