Monday, February 27, 2012

Bling

Lately, I've taken to wearing bracelets on a daily basis. Not gold bracelets as they give off a very "Auntie" impression. I feel old wearing anything in gold. ;p Not white gold bracelets too. I only have 2 very fine pieces, and there had been a few times which I had to hunt for them when they dropped. Fortunately, I was able to get them back on those occasions when I dropped them. I dare not wear them now. Plus, I'm into chunky jewellery now.

Of course, I have my Thomas Sabo charm bracelet. It's only that I'm short of charms at the moment because I am adamant to buy only the charms I like. And since it's very expensive, I do not wear it very often. I don't like it when they get scratched. ;p I'm a rather clumsy and klutzy person. ;))

I have another piece made of beads, which I bought from Kota Kinabalu. It only cost me RM7.00. But it's in maroon and it's rather difficult to match. I can only count in my wardrobe, 1 or 2 blouses in maroon.

Some pieces that I have are too elaborate for daily wear. I've got a very colourful Swarovski crystal hearts bracelet and I love it lots, but it's kind of too fancy for casual wear. Then I have also in my collection a fresh water pearl bracelet but it comprises of 4 strands attached together, making it only suitable for dinner wear.

So, it looks like I have a very limited choice of bracelets to wear. I usually wear my Swarovski Crystal & Pearl bracelet in the Nude. The neutral colour matches just about any colour of clothing that I wear, and I love how its crystals reflect light. Most of all, it makes my wrist look delicate and elegant at the same time.

But since I've been wearing that forever, I started to look around to expand my collection. And today, I acquired 2 more pieces! I'm so happy and excited!!

Icelandic
Materials : Flower Cabochon, Blue Zircon Swarovski Bicone, Metallic Turquoise Pearl Bead, Midnight Blue Chinese Crystal Teardrop, Blue Faux Pearl Bead, Mint Faceted Acrylic Bead, Princess Crown Charm, Rocking Horse Charm, Eiffel Charm, Snowflake Charm, Heart Charm, Love Seat Charm

Valentine II
Material : Flower Cabochon, Matte Red Acrylic Heart, White Fat Teardrop Pearl Bead, White Textured Pearl Bead, Red Faux Pearl Bead, Floral Heart Charm, Love Link Charm, Red Faux Pearl Oval Bead, Heart Key Charm, LOVE Charm, Padlock Heart Charm

Beautiful, aren't they? They're handmade. Of the two, I like Icelandic better as it is more striking on my wrist. Icelandic also has quirkier charms, my favourite are Eiffel Tower and Rocking Horse. I can't wait to wear them! Yayy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...