Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Unhappy, Unplanned, Unhealthy

Well, I wasn't supposed to eat noodles for dinner. But since I was feeling rather depressed, I went ahead and cooked an ultra unhealthy dinner for my unhappy self. It was totally unplanned, but thanks to ready ingredients in the kitchen, it took only a few minutes to prepare dinner.

First, I raided the larder. I only had in there a packet of Mi Sedaap Original Flavour. I took that out and continued my onslaught of the fridge. I had an egg and spinach in there. Then, I moved on to the freezer and saw some chicken sausages. They weren't thawed but I did not care. I chopped up whatever I could of the frozen sausages.

Then, I boiled a pot of water to blanch the spinach. When they softened, I drained them and threw in the sausages to thaw in water. Once convinced that they had thawed, I transferred them onto an oiled pan. I waited till they were lightly browned and then cracked an egg over them to make an omelette. In the same pot of boiling water just now, I finally cooked the noodles.

Meanwhile, I squeezed the pre-packed sweet soy sauce, chilli sauce and shallot oil onto a clean plate. Then I sprinkled half a sachet of the flavouring over the condiments. There was another sachet containing deep-fried shallots, but that I discarded as I did not like.

When the noodles cooked, I drained them and poured it together with my veges onto the plate. I tossed everything well to coat and garnished with the omelette.

Unhealthy, Unplanned dinner because I was feeling Unhappy

Did I feel happy after that? Heck no. I felt guilty instead, for consuming something I wasn't supposed to consume. So why eat in the first place? I don't know. I wasn't thinking straight at the time. ;(

2 comments:

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...