Sunday, February 5, 2012

Louis Vuitton Zippy Wallet

"Hello, Louis Vuitton Starhill Gallery. May I help you please?"

"Hi, I'd like to find out the price of the zippy wallet in monogram canvas."

"Zippy wallet in monogram canvas. Hold on one minute. I'll check in the system for you. How may I address you, please?"

"I'm Ms I********."

"Zippy wallet in monogram canvas. RM2500, and it is available in all of our three outlets. Are you planning to visit our outlets today?"

"Maybe tomorrow."

"I would like to share with you the opening hours. We are opened at Starhill Gallery from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., and 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. at KLCC and The Gardens."

"Thank you very much. You are very helpful."

*****

Alright. I've been drooling for so long over Louis Vuitton handbags, totes and wallets forever! I see women everywhere carrying them. And one of my favourite pastime is to figure out whether the pieces they carry are the real things or just replicas.

I balk at imitations. I detest them. I will not carry an imitation for the world! I had one many years back. Someone gave it to me. I took a look at the poorly stitched bag and shoved it into the cupboard. Later, I gave it away to the Indonesian maid who cleaned my house.

Last December, I'd almost owned a Louis Vuitton Neverfull MM but somehow, my cousin could not help me buy it when he was in Europe. Though I understood that he did not have time for shopping, I could not help but feel disappointed.

The desire to own a piece of Louis Vuitton bag really came on very strongly these past few days. So, I Apps-ed my cousin in Singapore to ask her to check the price. I wanted to buy the zippy wallet. SGD965.00, she said, after visiting the store at Marina Bay Sands. Tourists get a 5% tax refund, so it will cost about SGD917.00.

My cousin volunteered to help me buy the bag, using her Mom's passport to get the refund. And her Mom (my Second Aunt) will bring it back for me in 2 days.

After converting, it will be about RM2267.00, still cheaper compared to Malaysia. Buy, I instructed her over the phone and jumped for joy.

"What happened to you?" Mom asked. "Why are you so happy?"

"I just asked T*** to help me buy an LV wallet," I squealed excitedly.

"You like to waste your money," Mom disapproved.

But I did not care! "What time's Second Aunt's flight? When will she arrive? Is Dad gonna pick her up?" The thought of getting my LV piece soon was eXXXciting.

Here's a pic my cousin sent me :

My LV Zippy Wallet, bought from LV Ion Orchard, Singapore

I'm counting the days till I get to see my much desired LV wallet! Hurry, hurry! I may just make a placard to welcome my Second Aunt (or rather, my wallet ;p LOL) at the airport.

Hurry, hurry!!! 2 more days to go ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...