Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Book Vouchers

While the other students received RM100 each the other day, the Form 6 students could only look on enviously. They'd not been given any money. Or so they thought.
1.03 p.m.

Please come back to school later to handle d rm200 bk vouchers and distribute by tmr to Form 6 students

4.10 p.m.
Sorry, I just saw your earlier message. Can i get them handled and distributed tmrw?

4.49 p.m.
M***** help you with paperwork. Given to her already.

4.50 p.m.
Thanks. It's for the current batch, right?

4.51 p.m.
Yes, the current students. You told me only 24 of them?

4.52 p.m.
Yes, 24. Thanks.

Those were my sms exchanges with Boss. I'd left school at around 2.3o p.m. and drove across town to the bank to retrieve a cheque, and then drive back to the town centre to cash the cheque. Then I made my way home. I was on the road for approximately an hour and a half due to road closure and traffic jam.

So when I saw Boss' message, it was too late for me to drive back to school to do the paperwork for those vouchers. I was pretty thankful that Boss assigned my colleague M***** to help out.

To make it easier to distribute the vouchers, I put a message in Facebook and tagged the students, demanding everyone to be present at school the next day. I find that this is a good way to get messages across, and to get things done.

Indeed, I was real glad that every single one of them was present at school the next day. However, I found out that M***** had not done anything aside from putting a blank form on my table. I was to fill in the blank form with my students' names, IC numbers, voucher numbers and so on.

Each student was to receive RM200 worth of book vouchers, and that meant 4 x RM50 vouchers each. In each voucher, I had to write their full names and their IC numbers. 24 students, 4 vouchers each and that amounted to 96 pieces. Then, I had to get all of them stamped.

It took me 2 hours to format the form and to write in the vouchers. It was all very clerical, and my fingers ached by the time I finished.

Book vouchers

Then came the time to distribute those vouchers. I'd asked the students to collect them during recess. When they came, I asked them to queue up alphabetically. Then I handed them the vouchers and they were to check their names and IC numbers in there.

After that, one by one, they were to check their names, IC numbers and voucher numbers in my form. If there were no changes, they signed. It took only 10 minutes to distribute, so I thought I was rather efficient. Lol.

I returned the form to M*****. There were 2 more forms to complete but M***** volunteered to do them for me. Yayy!

Well, happy spending your vouchers, kids! I do hope that you will buy yourself some good books!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...