Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Buffet Lunch @ Waterfront Cafe, Hilton Kuching

Today's luncheon is a buffet at the Waterfront Cafe at Hilton Kuching. We paid RM52.00 each. There were quite a lot of food, and of course, we could not manage to eat everything ....

Cream of asparagus soup and a slice of ham & cheese sandwich
I think the asparagus soup would be my favourite dish today; not too rich but prominent with the taste of asparagus. It was especially yummy when eaten hot.

 Rojak of green apples, papaya, pineapple and tofu, stir-fried beef, and glass noodle & chicken salad
All the 3 items were delicious! The beef was rather tender, while the salad was tangy and refreshing.

 Seafood salad, deep-fried chicken, breaded fish, pan-grilled beef
I liked the seafood salad with prawns, mussels, olives and herbs. The chicken and fish was fine, but the grilled beef seemed a bit tough.

Scone with whipped cream and blueberry jam
The scone was a bit hard ... and I did not like the chewy texture 

Another of my favourite item today!!!
Waffle with vanilla ice-cream, almond flakes, chocolate chip and maple syrup 

 DIY ABC

Not nice as the ice was too roughly shaved, and my ratio of milk and palm sugar and grenadine wasn't right. 

Coffee, mango nectar and cheese cake 

 Melinjo, vegetable crackers and popcorn for snacks

Apart from those which I ate ... there were mee jawa, noodle soup, fried rice, fried noodles, a selection of breads and cakes, samosas, crepe suzette, fruit punch, grilled vegetables and lots of fruits. 

 Some more cakes!!! 

By the time we left, our tummies were about to explode. Here's the food display of the food .......

As I walked in ...

Colourful rojak  

The selection of breads ... 

Roasted veggies, salads behind and dressings in front ....  

DIY Mee Jawa and noodle soup station .... 

Samosas, grilled beef, and grilled fish .... 

 An assortment of cakes .... 

It's been ages since I went to Hilton .... so it was nice to revisit. :)) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...