Monday, September 28, 2015

Pre-Trip

First, I made errors in the booking. Our designations were wrong, and AL's birth date was wrong. I was so careless! Thankfully, the errors could be rectified. All I had to do was to visit the Air Asia sales and service centre. I went to the outlet at Abell Road to make the necessary changes, and by the time I reached home, I had received the rectified itinerary in my email. Phew! Happy. There were no charges as well.

Then I had to apply for visa on my own. PH told me that the Chinese Visa Application Service Centre in Kuching is located at Level 2 of Wisma Naim, at 2.5 mile Rock Road. The very first time I went there, I merely enquired about the necessary documents that need to be submitted. I also collected the application forms for my friends.

After filling in everything and getting ready the essential documents, I went back to the Chinese Visa Application Service Centre to submit my application, Only that it got rejected because my designation in my itinerary was "Mr.". Wrong gender! What? Hadn't I got that rectified already? Upon scrutiny, I realised that Air Asia had amended for my friend but not for mine. Grrrr ....

So for the second time, I went back to the Asia Asia sales and service centre to change my designation. I had to give them a photocopy of my passport to prove that I was female .... and then paid an amendment fee of RM10.00. I had no choice but to do so. Otherwise, my visa could not be processed. Again, by the time I got home, my newly-corrected itinerary was in my email.

The next day, I went back to the Chinese Visa Application Centre to submit my documents. The lady accepted my documents and said, "We'll call you if anything is amiss." I made a face. "Would anything else go wrong?" I asked. She smiled and replied, "Just in case ...."

4 working days later, my visa was ready to be collected. I checked and paid RM88.30 for it. Yay. I was ready for my trip.

In case you are to apply for a tourist visa to China, these are the documents you need :
1) A completed application form
2) A recent passport photograph with blue or white background
3) A photocopy of the particular's page of your passport
4) Original passport
5) Flight itinerary details
6) RM88.30 for entry to China for 3 months





4 comments:

  1. Wow! It is so much cheaper to do Chinese Visa in Malaysia.

    I did mine in Brunei last time and it was B$55 for three months validity only.

    No wonder I have a friend who purposely flew back to Sabah just to make Chinese Visa the other day. xD

    Siaw Tan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but it was even cheaper before this 😆.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made the same error too. That means I'm have to go through the same hassle as you did. Going to Beijing this November.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beijing? Sounds fun! I've not been there yet!

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...