Sunday, September 6, 2015

Dot Cafe : Waffles & Desserts

Dot Cafe : Waffles & Desserts is at ST3, opposite The Spring.

I think the staff here were quite full of themselves and seemingly rude. We ordered from the side of the counter, not knowing that we had to order at the cashier's. After all, we had not been here before. When we stated our order, one of the young ladies did not acknowledge our order and merely said, "order there". How brusque.

We complied and went to the cashier's and repeated our order ..... but the young lady cashier was busy setting up her iPad and was not paying attention to us. So she did not catch our order. I wanted a latte ... but when she repeated my order it was something else. What??? Was she daft?

S was already annoyed by now, so I restated all the orders in as LOUD a voice as I could so that she could HEAR it. At that point, actually, I had considered going off already. We were paying customers and we really did not need this kind of treatment.

Later, S surmised that they were probably part-timers - who were probably untrained in F & B, and who probably did not care hoots about the reputation of the eatery. Whatever it was, it was no excuse.

 Our drinks ...
Latte was ok ..... S disliked the chocolate milkshake

Belgian waffle with ice-cream and Oreo 
The waffle was light and airy - so it seemed that it lacked substance; I preferred it dense and chewy so that it could hold the ice-cream better.

I'd not come all the way here for the waffles .... and I certainly did not want to deal with those snobs behind the counters again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...