Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Addicted to Farmville

Now, I dislike gardening. I hardly go to the backyard. And I certainly do not have green fingers. Sometime last year, I was given a baby pot of plant. I kept it in my room. But after a short while, it perished ;p.

So when friends started playing Farmville on Facebook, I did not join in the craze. Soon, I received invite after invite from friends. It was followed by gift after gift sent by thoughtful friends. But I ignored them all.

At work, I'd seen some colleagues checking out their farm in the laptop. Still, I was not incited to play. However, a few weeks back, a colleague whom I was quite close to, urged me to give Farmville a try. She said she was addicted to it. And so I became curious.

I thought I'd give it a try, to see what the fuss was all about. Well, I must say that there's nothing difficult about playing. Click to plough. Another click to buy seeds. Wait for the plants to grow. Click to harvest. There are buildings and decorations and animals and trees to purchase too. Place those things on the farm to decorate it. The animals and trees harvest in a few days.

My farm @ Level 22

Trees and animals and decorations can be gifted. So it pays to have a lot of friends for your neighbours. Fertilising other people's crops and helping out at neighbouring farms give you extra points and helps increase your wealth. You can also benefit from other people's farming activities because your friends may share their wealth with you when they earn ribbons, and when they thank you for fertilising their crops. You can also adopt the animals that your friends found wandering in their farm, such as ugly ducklings and lonely cows. It practically a win-win game.

I found the game really slow at first as I had to wait for a really long time before a harvest. After a while, as I gained more wealth and xp (points) and moved up the level, it got quite exciting. I could plant different crops, and I always look forward the the new crops that I can plant at a new level.

Then, I found myself checking out my farm quite frequently to check for harvests and gifts. So that's what R**** meant when she said she was addicted. Lol. So I too am addicted just like her.

What I like about Farmville is the graphics. Various stages of plant growth are depicted from seedlings to a full grown plant, and I thought they look so real. I felt like I was growing a real plant. I guess this is a what simulation game is all about. Another feature that I like is that everyone's farm is different. It all depends on how you decorate it. So interesting!

The developers keep adding new features and new items to it, the latest being a garden shed today. I'd just expanded my farm to size 22x22, and now I do not have enough coins to buy a garden shed!!!

You cannot imagine how restless I am now, waiting for my next batch of crops to harvest tomorrow morning so that I can make enough money for the garden shed!!!!! Lol.

Anyway, I'm at Level 24 now. Can't wait to progress up the levels to plant more interesting crops and add more interesting items to my farm.

Keep working hard at your farms, fellow farmers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...