Monday, November 23, 2009

Eating @ Ikea

Shopping at Ikea is a wonderful experience. I feast my eyes upon lots of beautiful things - sofas, tables, chairs, utensils, decorations - some with very clever designs too. I would really like to buy some of the furniture and have them shipped back to Miri. Sigh. But for now, all I can do is to buy small items to bring home with me in my luggage.

Today at Ikea, I could not resist eating the hot dog. For only RM 2.00, I get a hot dog in a bun.

Hot dog, undressed

I could dress up my bun according to my liking at the condiments counter. Available there was ketchup, chilli sauce, mustard, chopped onions and sweet relish. I put a bit of everything on my hot dog.

Hot dog, dressed

Ta-da!! Bro's hot dog on the left and mine on the right.
He liked his with lots of onions and sweet relish!


Aunt and sistb liked the curry puffs, which only sold for RM1.00 per piece.


The filling was made up of curried potatoes. A wedge of hardboiled egg can be found inside too.


A trip to Ikea would not be complete without a meal at the restaurant. I first heard about Ikea's Swedish meatballs and Daim cake from my friend S****. On my last trip to KL, I tried both items and liked them a lot. So naturally, I made my way to Ikea's restaurant today for a meal.

The restaurant was really crowded with diners, even though it was 4.00 p.m. in the afternoon. The queue was really long, and there weren't any places to sit at all. I located a table near the entrance but had to clear the dirty dishes myself.

We ordered a platter of meatballs, chicken wings and a Daim cake to share.

The beef meatballs were firm. juicy, and flavorful. Yum. They were served with lingonberry jam and a creamy sauce.

Our plate of Swedish meatballs

A close-up shot of 'em balls

I liked the chicken wings too. They were nicely marinated and grilled. The flavours really infused in the meat.

Chicken wings

The Daim cake never fails to satisfy. To my understanding, it is an Almondy biscuit crust topped with a concoction of Daim chocolate candy. It is sweet and rich and it propels me to cloud nine ;p.

Daim cake

Yummy bite of Daim cake

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...