Sunday, November 1, 2009

Weekend Pot Bless

My friends, D****** and J***** graciously opened the home to host a pot bless dinner last night. Everyone contributed a dish or two for the dinner.

Both my friend A**** and I brought noodles for the dinner.

Stir-Fried 粉干

Stir-fried Bee Hoon

Nope, we did not cook them ourselves. I bought them from the uncle at Yong Le Cafe at Boulevard Commercial Centre.

HK and CH brought KFC fried chicken, nuggets and mashed potatoes. Lol. I almost bought KFC fried chicken too.

Finger-licking good

Uncle 3G cooked this yummilicious fish in Tom Yum sauce. He bought this ikan kapas fresh from Kuala Baram in the morning. It was really fresh and sweet, spicy and tangy.

Fresh yummilicious fish

J***** made these vermicelli salad and stir-fried mixed vegetables. The vermicelli salad was zesty and appetising. Full of kick!!

Tasty and healthy vermicelli salad

What a big casserole of vegetables!

Then, Uncle A***** bought these barbecued pork from the Emart area. They were nicely seasoned. Absolutely yum.

Sliced barbecued pork

C*** cooked this deep-fried pork. Another tasty dish.

Aiya ... too excited that all my photos of this dish blurred!

There were plenty of fruits to go around after the mains. There were navel oranges, pink guava, red pitaya, and langsat. There was even ice-cream! Yum!

I really like Bailey's. Yum.

My glass of Bailey's

Well, it is not very often that we have gatherings like this. But when everyone gathers together, it is always fun.

They were plenty of stories that went around. And I really enjoyed listening to Uncle 3G's stories. He is a wise and learned man, filled to the brim with wit! He says the most unexpected thing that makes everyone roll with laughter. He shares his knowledge, his experiences, his conflicts with all of us, and to me, he was really inspiring.

Well, looking forward to the next makan session ;p!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...