Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Celcom Broadband Is Frustrating

My friend has been sms-ing me, asking about my broadband connection. I am just so glad she asked me. At least I know that I am not the only one facing this problem.

Well, I cannot surf properly in the evening till night. The speed is terribly slow and it takes forever to load a page.

Now, it did not use to be that way. I used to be able to surf well no matter at what time of the day.

So what is wrong with Celcom Broadband nowadays?

Well, I know that the company has been aggressively marketing its mobile broadband.I see booths around shopping malls, tempting people with almost-immediate activation. In The Star, on 15 October 2009, it was reported that there were about 12,000 mobile broadband suscribers in the Eastern region alone.

On 31 October 2009, Celcom again ran promotional events for mobile broadband. Now, I am worried about whether Celcom can cope the increasing number of users? As it is, the speed is already disappointing enough. Wouldn't more users affect the speed further?

The article also quotes that Celcom wants to bring the best in broadband, and give the best mobile broadband experience to the people.

The best experience? Certainly not this week. This week, I am damned frustrated and angry everytime I am online. It's been 2 days since I woke up at 4.30 a.m. to access the pages which refused to load at the more decent hours.

I really feel shortchanged.

My friend has vowed to re-install Streamyx tomorrow. What options do I have, then?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...