Friday, May 29, 2009

Happy Holidays!!!


I have waited for the arrival of this day for a long time, for it is the last day of Semester 1. I am off for a much-needed holiday. This evening, I will fly back to my hometown in Kuching, where I will spend 2 weeks in the company of my parents. I haven’t seen them since February, so there’s plenty to catch up.

Besides that, I get to decide the menu for each day, as Mom invariably asks me what I want to eat every night before she goes to bed. She needs to know so that she can get up early to head to the market and buy the freshest ingredients. Mom and Dad totally spoils me rotten when I am home.

Going back to Kuching also means a daily visit to the fanciest shopping mall in the city, The Spring. It is just a stone’s throw away, so Mom and I take our evening walks there. It’s not that we have lots of things to buy or something. We just walk for the sake of walking

I also want to go shopping for my Eee Pc in Kuching, and maybe a compact camera. If I cannot purchase those in Kuching, I may even have to consider flying to KL for a day or two.

In the midst of relaxation, I have to finish marking exam scripts, and hence they will go back together with me to Kuching.

Anyway, I wish my fellow educators, HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!! Have a good rest!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...