Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Pot Calls The Kettle Black

(Pic Source : http://www.cartoonstock.com/directory/p/pot.asp)

I cannot fathom

Every Sunday
Making your way
To the House
Without fail

You love
You serve
Everyone adores you
Looks up to you

I once did too
I put you on a pedestal
And vowed
To be just like you

Until I saw
The real you
Coaxing a little girl to give you her prize
Deceiving a woman for company
Arguing with a friend for control
Treating a sister unreasonably

You do as you please
With your best interests at heart
The whole world revolves around you
You care not
For the welfare of others
Self-centredness
Intolerance
All there
On public display
Why do others fail to see

I recoil
And wince and grimace

I ask myself
Is man by nature
A selfish creature

I peer into
Your pretty vessel
The contents
Twisted
Depraved
Ugly
Grotesque

I cannot reconcile
I am revolted by the sight of you

Why should I traverse
To the House
When it is filled
With the likes of you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...