Sunday, May 17, 2009

McValue Lunch Virgin


If not, you have till 30 June to do so.

The McValue Lunch promotion has been going on since 06 February, and I must say that I have never had the opportunity to enjoy it before this. On weekdays, I finish work past 3 p.m. Unlike others, we teachers do not get lunch breaks, so there’s no chance for me to visit McDonald’s on weekdays.

And until a few days ago, I assumed that the McValue Lunch offer was only valid on weekdays. And no wonder!! Look at this promotional pic :


(Pic source : http://www.goeatout.com.my/Restaurants/Promotions/agentType/View/PropertyID/25997.aspx)

That was why I never did make my way to McDonald’s on weekends. Apparently I was not the only one who was misled. While queuing up for my turn at the counter, two ladies thought the same. Yep, I eavesdropped on their conversation.

Lady 1 : Nak yang RM5.95 punya ke?

Lady 2 : Eh, tak lah. Hari ni Sabtu. Kan hujung minggu takde ....

Lady 1 : Eh, tengok tu …

Lady 2 : Okay ….. (reading the huge banner at the side of the counter) … Mondays to … eh … Sundays …. ah ah … ada lah …

Lady 1 : Jadi you nak yang tu ke ......

I believe McValue Lunch was once only available on weekdays. I suppose I must have either failed to register the change of information that have taken place some time, or have taken the change of information for granted.

Anyway, I had anticipated this meal, as it was my virgin McValue Lunch experience. And so, at 11.45 a.m., my friend and I made our way to our only McDonald’s outlet in the city, located at the Bintang Plaza Mega Mall.

We reached there at 12.10 p.m., and joined the lines already queuing up at the counters. People were beginning to crowd the outlet, and tables were quickly taken. For a while, my friend and I was worried that we would not be able to get a vacant table. There were people taking away their McValue Lunches as well. The guy in front of me looked like an expat, and he took away 4 McValue Lunch sets. He paid less than RM35.00.

I turned to my friend, “Wow … that’s really worth it.”

I must say that the crew members were fully prepared for the throng of hungry crowd. They buzzed with activity, serving the unending line of customers. Whilst, the kitchen rolled out burgers efficiently. Every burger sold was quickly replenished with new ones. I was really happy about this because it meant that I was getting a freshly-assembled burger. Trust me, there IS a difference between a freshly made burger and a soggy one which has been sitting on the rack for some time.

When it was my turn, I knew exactly what I wanted to order. “You must tell him you want medium. They’ll give you the large ones,” my friend insisted.

And we ordered 2 sets of Big Mac McValue Lunch Set, Medium. It came to RM16.70, which was really a deal. We managed to save RM3.70. That’s a whopping 22.15% of savings.

 Two Sets of Big Mac McValue Lunch

I was very happy with the quality of food that I was having. The fries were fresh from the broiler and they were crisp, dusted with just the right amount of salt.


My share of Big Mac McValue Lunch

Big Mac

Getting ready to pour some chilli sauce on sauce on my patty

But it was the burger that did it for me. True enough, the burger was delicious on that day. I lifted the top of my sesame seed bun and saw that the 2 all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, and onions did not have time to soak the bread and glue everything together. Heck, the cheese hadn’t even melted. All the ingredients were loosely stacked up. The taste of it and the feel of it was AWESOME.

I had enjoyed my lunch immensely. I could not get enough of the burger, and I wanted it to be bigger!! Greedy, aren’t I? My friend seemed to agree with me. Off the top of our heads, we started thinking of names for a bigger Big Mac of our imaginations. We wanted a Super Mac, or a Grand Mac, or a Great Mac, or a Giant Mac, or a Macro Mac or Ultra Mac …


... Yum ...


Well, I know that before 30 June, I will definitely go back for more McValue Lunch. I have yet to try the Spicy Chicken McDeluxe, McChicken, and Filet-O-Fish McValue Lunches after all.







1 comment:

  1. Interesting! I'm adding you to my reading list!

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...