Saturday, May 23, 2009

It Is Just Human

Dear Lord,
I have sinned.
Your dearest and holiest made me sin.
How ironic it is.

Dear Lord,
I am confused.
Your dearest and holiest should bring utmost comfort.
Yet they cause much distress and heartache.
How peculiar it is.

Dear Lord,
I am so vulnerable.
Your dearest and holiest provoke me always.
Is it a test of patience?
Is it a test of wisdom and strength?
I think that it is just plain nuisance.

Dear Lord,
How do I conquer the devils?
Should I flash them with contempt and animosity?
Should I sting them with cold piercing stares?
Should I slay them with sharp bladed tongues?

Dear Lord,
I am weary.
Should I concede like You said I should?

Dear Lord,
I wanted to.
Truly.
Desperately.
But I am so weak.

My emotions built up.
I exploded like a ball of fire
spreading my flames
fierce and high
to char those nearby
but to no avail.

Dear Lord,
I swore I would repent.
I swore I would turn away from the dark side.
I vowed it would never happen again.
Yet it did.
I am a failure.
I am a sinner.
I am a human.

O Lord,
how I regret my transgressions,
now I have to pay for my sins,
the countless sleepless nights,
as I watch the seconds tick by.

Then I hear a faint whisper in my ear :
To forgive is divine, to err is human.

2 comments:

  1. Aiyo friend...don't give up. "Hold on, child, hold on..It will not be long till it's all over"
    God is the only one who will be able to pick up all the mess we made..trust me. I have gone through it. I learnt the hard way. Stay cool!
    Anyway, hope to see you in the teachers' day celebration... hehe...27th June, 6:30pm till 10 something pm...

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...