Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My Song of the Moment : そばにいるね

そばにいるね or Soba Ni Irune. It means By Your Side. And yes, it appeals to the romantic nature in me.

Well, I know I'm late to catch on. This song is not new. In fact, it was released early last year in 2008.

I just happened to hear it while I was out shopping at a local mall. The pleasant melody and upbeat rhythm was quite addictive. And so I fell in love with it, and had been listening to it for the past three days.

Being a stranger to J-Pop, I dug up some information from the Net about the song. It is sung by Thelma Aoyama 青山 テルマ, a Japanese Pop and R&B singer. She is three quarters Japanese and a quarter Trinidadian. This song also features a half-Japanese, half-Bulgarian rapper named SoulJa.

According to Wikipedia, this song featured quite well in the Japanese pop charts, becoming also the best-selling digital download single in Japan.

Here is a translation of the chorus :

Even now I still think about you
No matter how time passes by
Baby I’m always by your side
Even if we drift apart
We’ll always be together inside my heart
But it’s lonely
So baby please just hurry back home




(Vid uploaded by nderacore @ Youtube)

Enjoy the song!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...