Sunday, May 24, 2009

Kuih Auntie and Uncle : Popiah

Here, I blogged about Mr. and Mrs. Lim who sell delicious pulut panggangs. But my favourite snack sold my this modest and unassuming couple has to be popiah, which is only available on Fridays.

Two rolls of vegetable goodness

I love popiahs, and Mrs. Lim’s popiah is to me, the best popiah in Miri. She uses a medley of vegetables such as yambean, French beans, carrots and beansprouts. You can see the bits of finely diced tofu, minced pork in the filling. A fine layer of peanut sauce keeps the filling moist. See for yourself how compact the filling is in Mrs. Lim’s popiah.


Packed with vegetable filling

... Yum ...

As you bite into your popiah, the taste of the flavoursome dried prawns, the nutty flavour of the peanut sauce, the savoury yet crunchy assortment of vegetables all come together in an explosion of senses.

Mrs Lim’s popiah is a delight. Do give it a try.

2 comments:

  1. At the Miri Centrepoint Commercial Centre at Jalan Melayu called Tham's Cafe. It is a corner shop, the same block where K.K Book Centre is located.

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...