Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My School Canteen Sells This Too

Nasi Goreng @ School Canteen

The school canteen plays a very important role in taking care of the teachers' welfare, especially where food is concerned.

Unlike some schools, the teachers at my school are not allowed to go out of the school compound during school hours. So, where would we feed ourselves except to head to the school canteen?

On hindsight, some of my colleagues bring their own food from home. That of course requires them to wake up early to prepare their breakfast or lunch boxes. I know of colleagues who wake up as early as 4.30 a.m. to get ready for the day.

I, on the other hand, need my share of beauty sleep and hence would rather not get up early to cook. I would rely on the canteen to fill my stomach.

Fried Bee Hoon @ School Canteen

Being ultra busy with work, I do not usually hang out at the canteen. I prefer to buy the ready-packed food, and eat at my work cubicle and doing my work at the same time.

These tiny packages of fried rice and fried bee hoon cost RM1.00 per packet and are quite tasty. The quantity, of course, is very little - it's only but a few spoonfuls or forkfuls.

Nonetheless, one of these tiny packets is adequate to sustain me till lunch time. I am happy to kickstart my day with a packet of these and a cup of hot coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...