Sunday, May 31, 2009

My Asus Eee PC 1000 HE

I have been wanting to buy a netbook since March. In March, I was shopping around at Low Yat Plaza in KL, and had almost purchased the Acer Aspire One until I saw the unsightly protruding battery that the netbook came with.

Then I found out about the newly-released Asus Eee Pc 1000 HE which claimed to have a 9.5 hours battery life. I went back to Low Yat Plaza and searched high and low for the Eee PC but I couldn't find it there. Disappointed, I decided to put my purchase on hold.

The Asus Eee PC 1000 HE received great reviews on the Internet. Read here and here. The more I read about it, the more I covet it. Sadly, I could not find this netbook in Miri. Shops somehow preferred to sell brands like Acer, HP, and Compaq which I assume are more popular amongst the majority of the people.

One of the things I wanted to do in Kuching was to shop for my Asus Eee PC 1000 HE. And so I headed to One TJ at Stutong yesterday. I went from shop to shop until I finally found one unit sitting at a corner at the display shelves.

It was the only unit left. And it was white. I'd wanted a black one. It was RM1599 + gifts on 1G RAM. According to my sources, this netbook sold for RM1499 on 2G RAM in KL now. I bargained with the lady, and in the end she agreed to RM1599 - gifts + RM25 on 2G RAM. So I decided to buy it.

 The box

 Inside the box

 The netbook

 Sitting on top of my old Dell

Trying out of new Asus netbook

Yippeeee, I'm glad I got what I'd wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...