Friday, November 8, 2013

Briyani Set Meals

The other day, I went there with my friend at about 10.00 a.m. and ordered the Briyani rice set. But it was not ready.  We were told that it would only be served at 11.30 a.m. We were both disappointed.

So today, I went back there to the Banana Leaf at Centrepoint. Each Chicken Briyani set was RM10.00.

 Honeyed Chicken Briyani set
My friend wanted something non-spicy, and was recommended the honeyed chicken dish.

Spiced Fried Chicken Briyani
I was warned that the spiced fried chicken was spicy .... but hmn .... it was not at all to me. The chicken was well-marinated and I found it quite tasty.

The rice tasted subtle of exotic spices, and I loved to drench it with curry gravy. 2 types were served to us 2 stainless steel bowls. 2 types of vegetables were available today - a spinach and a cabbage. I was a bit disappointed that there was no bittergourd masala. A basket of papadums were also served. It was a pleasant meal, RM24.40 altogether with 2 drinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...