Thursday, November 28, 2013

Premier Hotel

The flight took off promptly. Perhaps the ground staff sensed that I was in an explosive mood, so that I was assigned to sit on my own in the flight from Miri to Sibu. :P It suited me just fine as I welcomed the extra space. I shifted from one seat to the other during the flight, just because I could. Lol.

Refreshment consist of a glass of juice and miserable packet of salted peanuts .....

Refreshment

55 minutes later, we landed. My colleagues and I shared a taxi to Premier Hotel. We conversed casually with the taxi driver, and he was nice enough to recommend some places we could access near our hotel.

Upon checking in, I decided to bitch about. Firstly, what I did not like about the hotel ...

1) The room used the conventional key instead of keycard locks. Darn. It was going to be inconvenient as I was going to be sharing a room with another teacher. We would be going out at different times ... and since there was only 1 key, we had to drop and collect at the front desk every time each of us wanted to go in and out.

2)  The room was old and worn, and badly needed refurbishment. It had a .... big box tv, .... a dysfunctional bar fridge ........ and still a bath tub .....

The room

3) The room was also infested with ants .... eew ... crawling on the table in the room, and in the bathroom vanity top.

4) The view sucked big time .... my room faced the parking lot ... and at night, I could hear the cars and their alarms.

5) The water was not hot enough for me, particularly at night; thus i was unable to enjoy hot relaxing showers after a long day.

6) Breakfast was the best meal - with relatively better food choices served - nasi lemak, fried noodles, porridge and condiments, fruits and pastries. The food they served for our refreshment, lunches and dinners were ordinary .... and some even looked downright unappetising.

Lunch

Now let's see. It was rice with stir-fried cucumbers. Hmn .... it was stir-fried angled gourd yesterday .... and now cucumbers? One would think that Sibu was short on supply of vegetables; The cucumbers were tasteless. Honestly, I could whip up a better version. 

Then, there was sweet and sour fish .... and tom yum fish on the day before .... ; curry chicken and sambal egg ...... quite unappetising, not only to me but to a lot of my colleagues. 

Soup

There were fish ball soup and tofu soup .... and today it was white fungus soup .... and because it was served really hot, I found it quite alright. Actually, the soup tasted the same daily .... only the ingredients were different.

I think the hotel should work on improving its quality of food.



However, there were some things worth commending here ...

1) The hotel's excellent location which was a walking distance to the Sibu Central Market and the Night Market.

2) Its friendly staff. All of them smiled cordially when I met them or walked past them at the corridors ..... they warmed me up and melted my enmity.

3) The staff was helpful too ... when I asked them to recommend me places nearby to eat, and when I asked to loan an umbrella ...

And best of all, I finally got the whole room to myself ... the girl I was sharing with decided to bunk in with her colleagues. She's fully welcome to do what she liked! I surely did not mind privacy. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...