Saturday, November 16, 2013

Leek and Vegetable Stirfry

At the supermarket, I could not resist buying a stalk of leek. I just thought I would mix it into a vegetable stirfry that I was going to cook for my evening meal.

Back home, I prepared a plateful of vegetables ....

Chopped garlic, birds' eye chilli, dried prawns, chopped leeks, black fungus strips, carrot strips and shredded sweet cabbage. Don't you just love the colours??? 

I stir-fried everything in a wok, cracked in an egg and flavoured everything with salt and light soy sauce.

Ready to eat ... 

I just loved the crunchiness of the vegetables, coupled with the slight pungent aroma of the chopped leeks. Quite a nice combination .... and I might just want to repeat this dish next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...