Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Dinner @ The Cafe

Well, I was superbly impressed with the fish curry here, and hence, I recommended it to my friends. The three of us got there a little after 6.00 p.m., and it was great, because there was no crowd. Yippee! It meant that we did not have to wait long for our food.

Now .... this was the star item of our meal ....

Fish curry fillet
There was a slice of fish fillet of reasonable thickness, steamed and then generously doused with rich, fragrant and tangy gravy. Some accompaniment to the fish were beancurd skin, and vegtables such as okra, eggplant. The curry was not spicy to me, it but it was certainly very appetising to eat with rice. I enjoyed eating the fresh fish with lots of curry gravy.  

Bitter gourd in 3 eggs
The Cafe cooked a drier version, but fragrant nonetheless. I did find the egg to be a bit too salty .... but maybe it was meant to bring out the flavour of the bitter gourd. The vegetable was meant to be eaten with rice anyway. 

 Sea cucumber soup 
There was tofu and sea cucumber bits in there. I liked the crunchy and chewy texture of the sea cucumber. The soup was a tad too sticky .... but tasted great anyway. I liked the soup sour, so I asked for some malt vinegar. I could tell that they used good quality malt vinegar (some eateries don't!!!), which enhanced the flavour of the soup. 

Guess how much was our meal? Only RM35.00!! I did not believe it, and asked again just to be certain. What a great meal at a great price. I will definitely be back!

4 comments:

  1. Where is it located? Should dine at the cafe one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. can i know the exact location ? not sure where is pkg miri..thanks..

    ReplyDelete
  3. it faces sk jalan bintang, near the civic centre.

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...