Monday, November 4, 2013

Pastries For Tea

Hmn .... it was afternoon .... and I was hungry as I did not have lunch. So I drove to Shao Bao Bakery in town. Parking was horrid there ..... but I was lucky to get one right in front of the shop. Yayy, I thought. I was meant to have those delicious pastries for tea!!!

Shao Bao on the left .... and curry puff on the right. 

Both were delicious. Of the two, however, the curry puff was tastier. The curry filling was fragrant and moist, while the barbecue filling in the shao bao was drier. I loved the pastry skin ... both flaky and light. Both made a great treat for afternoon tea. Only that I prefer drinking coffee. :P 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...