Sunday, November 17, 2013

Veges & Meat Only, No Rice

I personally know of at least 3 people who abstain from rice, for either health or weight loss purposes. So I try to learn from them ... and turn to dishes of vegetables and meat stir-fry. Minus the rice.

Crinkly mustard & pork belly

Cabbage, carrot & dried prawns 

Okra & dried prawns, sausage & egg

Sweet mustard & pork meatballs 

 Capsicum, carrot, onion & chicken

Broccoli, carrots, black fungus, black mushroom & chicken

I really did not mind having just a single type of vegetable at one time .... but my friend preferred her vegetables to be multi-coloured. More appetising, according to her. So ... well .... I thought I'd try having more colours in my food as well. Just to trick myself into eating. :P 

Anyway, it still felt weird eating those vegetables and meat without rice, and I did get hungry after a few hours ... I don't know. Maybe I still need time to re-condition myself! :P  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...