Friday, February 21, 2014

Buffet Dinner @ Chatterbox Cafe

Well, got invited to a buffet dinner last Saturday at Chatterbox Cafe @ Mega Hotel. I must say that there was an extensive variety to the food served. There were salads, soup,

The mains, ready-cooked and ready to eat .... 


Have a look at the trays, from the other end .... 

Roasted short ribs with apple sauce

The most interesting thingy about this buffet was the steamboat ... on each table was a hotpot, filled with clear chicken broth and also tomyam broth ..... 

Diners could just choose what they want to cook in their hotpot from the selection of ingredients served ... 

Oodles of noodles

Seafood 
 
Eggs, vegetables and tofu .... 

 Dessert section

Lots of fruits and cakes and ice-cream were also served, but my favourite was the bread pudding, which i ate with the custard sauce and vanilla ice-cream. It was really heavenly.

I found the meal to be rather interesting .... it would be great to come back .... and I'd love to take it really slow next time to savour all the delicious food served!!

2 comments:

  1. I always love to attend buffet. My first aim is the Dessert section, main dishes come second ^^,

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great idea! However, I always go for the salads first, followed by the mains. Lol. Next time perhaps if I have the opportunity, it will be the sweets first. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...