Friday, February 28, 2014

Roasted Meats @ 5050 Cafe

My friend told me that she loved the roasted meats here at a stall at 5050 Cafe at Pelita Commercial Centre. So we ate here one time, but I was not that impressed .....

The coffee shop looked shabby, with worn tables and chairs .... and the cheap plastic plates and bowls did not help either.

Roasted chicken & char siew on rice .... 

Though the meats tasted alright, I was definitely not won over.

Fast forward ..... the other day I went with AT ... and it was near noon time, and the skewers of char siew were just taken out from the oven, dripping with juices ....

And we could not resist and ordered some. This time, the char siew was impressive ... the cut of meat was tender and fell apart at a light prick of my fork. Coupled with the sweet and caramelised flavour, yum .... I was head over heels in love with the char siew ....

Roasted pork & char siew 

The roasted pork we felt, were a bit underdone .... would have been nicer if they were roasted a tad bid longer for a better flavour.

With my food, I ordered kopi .... and found it to be too sweet even though I'd specifically asked for reduced sugar ....

Kopi 

Since our encounter with the yummy char siew, we'd gone back a few times more ..... 

2 comments:

  1. there is one coffee shop at simpang tiga called Joo Him Cafe (behind rhb bank) selling three layer pork, i think that the best i ever ate so far..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh .... I'd never tried the roasted pork there. will bear in mind the next time i get to kuching.

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...