Friday, February 14, 2014

Stirfried Fen Gan (粉干)

The girls were starving and went to lunch at the Merdeka Mall Food Court. Instead of having rice, they decided to have noodles ....

I ordered a Stirfried Fen Gan. It's basically a thicker version of rice noodles. I like its texture, which is smooth and springy and not as starchy as wheat noodles .....

Actually, I had wanted the Zao Cai Fen Gan Stirfry ... but the lady COULD NOT understand me for some reason .... I HAD to have the Stir-fried Fen Gan OR the Zaocai Fen Gan soup ..... sigh ... I thought they were so inflexible.

Anyway ....

My noodle dish

Ok ... the noodles were a little too smoky in flavour, and it made it a bit unpleasant. I also thought it was a biit too salty ... but I did like the crunch from the vegetables and black fungus. The eggs, of course, we always yum in noodles. Not a really nice dish to eat here .....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...