Saturday, February 1, 2014

Homemade Chilli Acar

People don't normally make the chilli acar anymore ... not sure why. I asked my mom ... and she said that chillies were expensive and that this type of acar was difficult to make. I remembered mom making it a long time ago when I was younger, but she too had not made it for years.

So because SIL and I liked it, Mom said she would make some for us this CNY .....

Mom's Chilli Acar 

Each chilli was slit lengthwise and stuffed to the fill with grated young papaya .... and then the pickled in vinegar. I loved the crunchy chilli, the very textural filling, and of course the combination of spices which certainly made the acar very appetising. 

At Eldest Aunt's house yesterday, there was a portion of chilli acar too, and also homemade by somebody ..... 

Yummy and so green ... 

There was enough to go around .... and Fourth Aunt could even have 2 pieces! Lol .... 

 Served with keropok 

Much of the filling in the chilli had fallen off. I loved the chilli acar with keropok. 

Happy CNY 2014! :))

2 comments:

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...