Thursday, February 13, 2014

Leeks With Chinese Sausages and Eggs

Not everyone likes leeks, because it has a rather strong and pungent flavour. I did not use to like it too last time. But now that I am older, I find myself seeking for flavours that I am less familiar with. Nowadays, I find myself liking vegetables like chives and leeks.

Leeks are abundant during the Chinese New Year period. It is a dish often served in my household during Chinese New Year eve dinners too ... The Chinese name of leeks is "suan  . That is the homonym for "calculate". The superstitious Chinese see leeks as an auspicious symbol to usher in wealth and prosperity for the coming year.

Anyway, ,my favourite way of cooking leek is to stir-fry it with thin slices of Chinese sausages. Sometimes, I would add in an egg too. The Chinese sausages, to me, went very well with the leeks with is sweet and savoury flavours. The egg added fragrance to the whole dish.

Leeks, Chinese sausages and an egg

I also do not stir-fry it for a long time, because I like my vegetables to be crunchy. Coupled with the soft and chewy Chinese sausage slices, this dish is also full of texture. I loved it with with plain white rice. Yums.

2 comments:

  1. Hello ^^,
    Drop by and following you now :)
    I never cook leeks but I do like the taste. This can be my first leek dishes haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sofia,

    Thanks for reading my blog.

    Yeah, do try to cook it, it's an easy stir-fry dish.

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...