Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Marudi Buns

Making his way back from Marudi this time around, AT blessed me with not only a loaf of bread but also some butter buns .... and a kaya bun as well.

Of course I had trouble finishing them .... and gave them away to my colleague, I.

Butter buns in elongated shape, while the kaya bun was rounded

Of the two, I preferred the butter buns, with its rich buttery filling - there wasn't a lot of filling, but I felt that it was reasonably sufficient. The kaya, I felt, was overly sweet. 

The buns, of course, we delicious - very fragrant, soft and airy, and yet with just the right density. No wonder people sang praises of the bread.

Hmn ... my loaf of bread is still in my fridge .... it will probably take a while for me to finish them .... 





2 comments:

  1. here in Kuching, there is one shop called Traditional Buns at 4th mile, opposite Boulevard. Their bun is seriously sedap. The size is bigger than my fist and it is RM1 each for red bean, coconut & butter bun. But too bad they dont sell bread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I have posted about it. Read here : http://inid2tell.blogspot.com/2012/05/traditional-buns.html

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...