Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Abee Traditional Buns

Abee Traditional Buns is now selling at Jalan Padungan. Today, I felt like going there to buy some freshly baked buns. I bought butter buns and coconut buns, both now selling at RM1.40 each. I also bought a char siew bun, which now cost RM1.70.

Coconut bun is dotted green, and a round char siew bun, served with chilled wild honey

The cross section of the char siew bun
Baked fresh, the char siew bun was really very enjoyable - the pastry was soft, fluffy and fragrant; and the filling was chunky and savoury, with just a tinge of sweetness. 

The cross section of the coconut bun 

The coconut filling was generous, but disintegrated very easily .... the filling was also not sweet.

The buns made great afternoon tea .... those two buns became my dinner too! Because after I ate them, I had no more room for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...