Friday, May 8, 2015

Chocolate Sponge Cake

This weekend, I decided to use this recipe from Happy Home Baking.

I beat 2 eggs with 90g of sugar for 5 minutes. The I stirred in the sifted flour mixture, containing 80g of self-raising flour and 20g of cocoa powder and 3g of baking powder and 1g of baking soda and 1g of salt.

When well mixed, I spoon about 2 tbsp of the chocolate batter into a bowl containing 50ml of vegetable oil, 50g of yoghurt, and 1 tsp of vanilla extract. I blended the chocolate batter together with the oil and yoghurt and vanilla extract before pouring them all back into my mixing bowl. I used a spatula to mix everything up.

Then I poured my batter into the only loaf pan I have at home ... and baked at 160 degrees for 25 minutes.

My cake

I was disappointed because it wasn't as fluffy as I expected it to be.

Post mortem : Mom said I did not beat the egg and sugar enough ... so the cake couldn't rise. :((

But on the bright side, the cake tasted good - chocolatey and not too sweet! I think it'll be nice if I jazzed it up a bit, to serve the cake with chocolate sauce, or maybe vanilla ice-cream. Yummy ))

I really think that I have no talent for baking ........ till next time. :P

1 comment:

  1. You are welcome. I'm a novice, still learning. :))
    Thanks for sharing the website. I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...