Sunday, May 3, 2015

Chicken Rice @ Chuan Xi Cafe

The other day, my friend was telling me of the chicken rice here at Chuan Xi Cafe, and so I was tempted to try it.

Ok. Say Chuan Xi Cafe, and hardly many people will know. But people will definitely know where it is if you tell them to go to the "coffee shop opposite Public Bank at Jalan Song Thian Cheok". That's exactly what the man told me as well.

What was great about the chicken rice here was the large portion! One gets a good serving of freshly cooked chicken rice at a bargain price of RM4.00!!

RM4.00 only! 
Lots of fragrant and tasty rice, a platter full of boneless chicken, a hot bowl of peanut soup, and power chilli sauce. It was delicious! 

Smooth and succulent steamed chicken, seasoned with sesame and soy sauce, on a bed of sliced cucumbers 

The roasted version of the chicken .. 

The rice, the meats and the soup did not taste artificial ... so I knew that they weren't overladen with msg. What was a tad overpowering was the chopped coriander topping the meats and the soup ...... I did not quite like the coriander. So I just pushed them aside to the side of the plate. I did not have to eat them. But at RM4.00, I wasn't about to complain about anything at all! Definitely recommended. Worth eating. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...