Monday, May 4, 2015

Ah Yew Laksa

I was having lunch at Good Taste Cafe (好口福茶餐室) at Jalan Sekama, just next door to IPH Roasted. There were a few choices of food to eat here - noodles, laksa, claypot dishes and so on. I decided to try the laksa.

Ah Yew Laksa

The laksa was RM6.00. It was visually unappealing. Never mind that, but the broth was not hot enough. Lukewarm laksa was definitely not enjoyable. Ingredients were meagre - the prawns, omelette, chicken, beansprouts and rice vermicelli. So though the laksa broth was alright, I'd deem this bowl of laksa not worth eating. Another vendor shoddy about the quality of food served. Sigh. If this is the best laksa they can offer for RM6.00, don't expect me to come back here for it.

Here's something from the claypot stall ... 

Healthy! 

I did not try this, so I did not know whether it was nice or not. :))

2 comments:

  1. I remember Ah Yew laksa when he (I assume he is the main business operator) was selling at Bormill some years back. Then I noticed he moved around several places but still retained the stall at Bormill managed by someone else, not sure if it still is. Well, his laksa somewhat reminds me of the Maggie curry noodle flavour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's not worth eating at RM6.00 cause for that price, I'd expect fresher and bigger prawns and perhaps a more substantial serving. Hmm ... I do not know whether this Sekama stall is operated by the original owner or not ... But even that's not an excuse to disregard the quality of the food served. Once you taint your reputation, it will take a lot more to build it back. I was certainly disappointed with the laksa here.

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...