Monday, May 18, 2015

RIP, Grandma

Grandma had passed away. She had been critically ill for about 7 weeks already ... and the time had come for her to leave all of us to go to a better place.

Thanks for the lovely wreaths ...

The wake was held at home. The house became a hive of activity for 3 days as relatives camped here throughout the day and night. Many friends came to pay their last respects, and we thank them for their thoughtfulness. We thank all who were kind enough to bring us food during the wake. We thank all those who had the many wreaths sent to our house. We also thank all who had accompanied Grandma on her journey to her final resting place.

When we buried her ... 

I was too occupied with people and chores for the past few days .... but as the dust settled, I could feel myself being overcome by grief. I still can't believe that she has gone ......................... RIP, Grandma. See you again. 

3 comments:

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...